May 3, 2009

April in review!

We had a great Easter. The Saturday before Easter we went over to my moms house for our annual egg hunt. It was a lot of fun. The kids search for their eggs and goodies in the front yard and then afterwards the adults have their hunt in the backyard. The adult eggs are filled with money. This year Josh and I took home $48 cash plus a $5 gift card to See's. Below is a picture of the kids in my mom's front yard. They always say cheese but I can never get them to look at the camera.

Easter Sunday we picked up KFC and took the kids up to the canyon. They had a blast climbing around and throwing rocks into the river.


Jack was meowing like a cat and would come up to take bites of chicken out of our hands.


We had so much fun that the following Saturday we went to the canyon again. This spot had more sand which was great for Jonah.



Owen turned three and my mom, sisters, and I threw a surprise party for him. Here we are waiting to jump out and say surprise. It was hard for Jack to stay put.


Right after we jumped out and said surprise Jack threw a cup right at Owens face. Naomi was able to capture the moment. Poor Owen.



My parents stake put on the play Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I took Sophia to the opening night. She wore her skirt from aunt Amanda and looked so cute. The play was wonderful. So much talent. Sophia is really into Joseph (who Aunt Michelle also went to the prom with). She said Michelle should be excited because she got to go on date with him and she's in a play with him. She went again yesterday and said that he smiled at her and after the play came out and found her so she got another picture with him.


Sophia with Grandma. We got front row center seats thanks to my mom who showed up at least an hour before they open doors to be first in line. She did this for every one of the shows.

Sophia with Nicole (stage crew)

Sophia and Michelle (a dancer)

Joseph (she swoons every time she sees this picture)

Potiphar's wife (Sophia really like her as well because she's beautiful)

With Grandpa who rode the camel

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Where do I begin?! Looks like a lot of fun in the cannyon. Sophia looks so lovely in her skirt! Have you printed the picture of Sophia and Joseph for her to carry around yet? I am cracking up at the cup in Owen's face! Oh cousins. What would life be like without them?

JenWood said...

Oh wow, I love the pictures of Sophia in her skirt. She looks like a superstar. She is so adorable Melissa, I can't stand it. Your kids are all so cute.
You need to come to vegas soon so we can hang out!!

Arah Debra said...

Busy month... That pic of the cup flying at Owens face is priceless. So Funny! And that's so sweet that Sophia has a little crush. She's such a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post! You are all so cute!! I love the picnic pictures, the Easter picture (and results of the hunt), I love all the J&TATDC photos. Sophia has stars in her eyes, a little competition for Daddy. I love seeing Jack in a red shirt! It's his best color. I love that Jonah still looks dreamy soft. I love you all. BBB

Unknown said...

KFC?! Josh is just like his Dad. We love all the pictures.

Unknown said...

KFC?! Josh is just like his Dad. We love all the pictures.

Danny and Michelle Zamora Family said...

Oh where do I start! You guys are so lucky to have family near by, it's so nice that you all get to gether and do so many things together. Sophia is such a doll and the boys are getting so big. I want to have an adult easter egg hunt. That sounds like so much fun. Did anyone get hurt?

sladefamilyaz said...

Sophia-and-Joseph-sittin'-in-a-tree!

Anonymous said...

"With Grandpa, who rode the camel" hahahaha

-Michelle