April 6, 2009

Sophia's Pink and Green Themed Birthday Party!

It all started with an invitation. I found these super cute invitations at TJ Maxx and decided to go with a pink and green themed birthday party for Sophia. I had soooo much fun planning it that now I can't stop thinking about the next event to plan. I printed the invitations up myself at home. We hung pink and green chinese lanterns from the patio.(Thank you Josh) My wonderful and super talented Aunt Karen made tablecloths for me from material I bought. With the leftover material she cut out little napkins and my sister Michelle took them to school and surged the edges. We had a candy buffet that served as the girls goody bags. For the centerpieces I used mason jars with lime slices and pink carnations. For their lunch we served pb&j, fruit, chips and strawberry lemonade. For dessert I made strawberry cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting dipped in pink sugar crystals, and funfetti cupcakes with tinted green funfetti frosting dipped in lime green sugar crystals. I just realized that I didn't get a picture of the cupcakes. They were displayed on my green 3 tiered dessert stand. We played pin the tail on the donkey, and stomp on the balloon game. Sophia invited all the girls from her school class plus Madison Buck. Four girls didn't show up. I'm not sure if people understood what regrets only meant. It was a really great day.
















8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophia wasn't the only little girl who felt special at that party! They all must have felt like celebs.

This was beautifully planned and executed. When you were telling me about it, everything sounded so special - it turned out even better than I'd imagined! WOW.

Thanks for blogging the event and a last "Happy Birthday" to Sophia.
BBB

Natalie said...

Madison had so much fun! I love pink and green too. Everything looked beautiful. Thanks for inviting her.

Arah Debra said...

What a cute party! You're such a fun mom. I wish I could have seen the cupcakes.

Danny and Michelle Zamora Family said...

sooo cute! I love how the girls had such grown up drinks...and of course the theme. Maybe you have a new calling! So much fun!

sladefamilyaz said...

Very cute and Fancy Nancyish!

Jennifer said...

It turned out wonderfully! I am glad to hear they all had fun. It looks really beautiful.

JenWood said...

Melissa, you are so cute.. I wish my mom had given me fancy parties when I was a little girl. Sophia is so lucky!!!

jez said...

Can you say ADORABLE! I think you just might be the perfect mom! That looked sooo amazingly cute! Great job Melissa!