August 29, 2010

Shout-Out!

I want to give a shout-out to Grandpa and Grandma Slade for taking Sophia for two and a half weeks. For the swim lessons, movies, sewing, shopping and overall love and spoiling she had with you. Maybe we can do it every summer? (wink wink)
To Aunt Aimee and girls day out! New clothes for Sophia and the boys. We love you! To the Tucker boys! Sophia has a blast with you, and talks about how much she loves hanging out. Oh, and thanks for the chairs and toys.
To the Bryant Slade family for having sleepovers with Sophia! She loves being over at your house and we love to listen to the recordings and pictures on her dsi of her and Sibley and Skyler. To Uncle Bryant who asked where her off button was. (She was hesitant to tell me afraid I might use it.) It's her nose and doesn't always work.
To Uncle Sean who drove us home to Bako in his 86' Toyota FX. (We only made it two hours outside of Lehi and had to stop because of stir crazy kids in the back.) Oh, and for driving thru the night. We got in at about 5am. (It was soooooo worth driving while the kids were asleep.) I think I still owe you 8 bucks. :)
To Grandpa and Grandma Thompson for putting us up, and feeding us for two weeks. To my mom who lets me revert to a teenager when I'm home, takes care of my kids while I lazily lie in bed and never clean a dish, oh and still pays for a sitter for my kids so we can spend the day together. For the slip and slide, play house, the jungle, and countless otter pops. To both mom and dad for putting up with kids who harass you at night while you're trying to unwind. To Miscole who shared her bed with Jack and helped out with the my kids all the time. To Michelle for snuggling with Sophia, giving me rides, and helping out with my kids all the time.
To Aunt Angela for letting us hang out and thrash your house. (We loved it and Jack still talks about his best friend Owen.) Owen we loved playing mario bros with you, Miss Sassy I miss you like crazy. Angela I miss you like crazy too.

To Angela, Connie, and True Blood!

To Aunt Naomi for letting us hang out, and having a play date with Jack. Wish I could have stayed for your party. To my girl Lucy who lets me love on her.

To Aunt Laura, for having us over for a great meal, and letting Sophia sleepover. To Jake and Jonah who were the best of friends.

To the Heck family and BFFLG reunions. It was so great to see you all and seeing Sophia and Haley back together again. Thanks for having us over to your new home, having Sophia sleepover and letting Haley come spend the day with us. We miss you guys.

To my cousin Michael who drove us to Las Vegas. Sean had set him up for a rough ride with my kids, but the kids actually were pretty well behaved.

To Danny, Michelle, Brady, and Keira, thanks for putting us up in your beautiful home, letting us take over your bedrooms, overflow your toilets, pee your sleeping bags, play with your toys, eat your food, and still call us your friends. Also thanks for coming up to Utah and visiting us. We love you guys and can't wait to get together again.

To Josh who worked so hard while we were gone. We missed you and are so happy to be back home with you. Love you.

To Guillermo in Twilight, Double Rainbows, and Antoine Dodson, and all the other you tube videos we laughed at every night.

Oh yeah and to Jack who turned 4. We love you and all the entertainment you bring to our family.

Okay this post has been a long time coming and I just have to post it. I want add more pictures but it takes forever loading them and then moving them around so I will do a second post with pictures. We've really had a great summer. It was so great to be in Bakersfield and see all of my family. The kids really miss their cousins and Grandma's house, and we are so thankful to Grandma and Grandpa Slade, the Tuckers and the Bryant Slade Family for having Sophia and taking such great care of her. We're so lucky to have you all.

1 comment:

Connie Thompson said...

LOVE the shout out! it reminds me of the end of a Sublime album :) I love and miss you guys so much!